10 Awesome Places My Photos Appeared in 2014

11:44 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Dear Friends,

Another year has gone by, and I would like to take a moment to reflect on my photography over the course of 2014. My apologies if this comes off as vain,but I think it is important to take a moment each year and reflect. This year I upgraded DSRL's and purchased a few new lens. I went from using the Canon T3i to the Canon 70D, and I picked up a few new prime lens including the Canon 35mm F2. I also learned more about editing in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. My efforts this year are all in the goal of one day becoming a professional photographer.

I photographed weddings, families, babies, sports, bands, commercial photography, and also modeling and glam shots. I was an official photographer for the 20th Anniversary of Lift-Off, and I also did a lot of photojournalism for The Seeker Newspaper.

Through photojournalism I photographed athletes like former NHL players Marty McSorley, Chris Nilan, and Hall of Famer Billy Smith. I also photographed WWE Hall of Famer and former champion Mick Foley, as well as CFL Hall of Famer Moe Racine, Olympic Bobsleigh champion Cody Sorensen, and Olympic Soccer player Christina Julien.

I photographed bands at Lift-off such as Alan Doyle of Great Big Sea, 54-40, Glass Tiger, and Doc Walker. I also photographed 2014 Juno Award winning band Protest the Hero, as well as 16 time Juno Award winner and music legend Gordon Lightfoot, and many other bands too including Silverstein and Abandon All Ships.

In commercial photography I had the opportunity to work with Crush Lane Jewelry and photographed former Canada's Next Top Model contestant Stephanie Giroux.

It has definitely been an interesting year for taking pictures. What makes it especially interesting are all the different places my photographs were published, broadcast, or displayed this past year.

Now in no particular order here are 10 awesome places my photos ended up in 2014:

One of my photos appears on the back of the book Apple Cores by Angie Dilaj

One of my photos of drummer Roy Nichol appears on an April Wine poster

Two of my photos appeared in the window of The Art Gallery in Corwnall for their 2014 photography exhibit and juried show.

During the 2014 Municipal Election I photographed several candidates, including Carilyn Hebert, who put my photo on her door to door flyers, campaign signs, on her car, and on a cake too! The photo appeared in print advertisements published in The Seeker, Standard Freeholder, Seaway News, and Le Journal Newspaper. This was probably my most seen photo of 2014.

One of my photos also appeared on the CD "The Lonely Ones" by Chris Benton.

One of my photos could also be seen at the Cornwall Civic Complex on the boards of the hockey arena. I took that photo of Julia and Mai-Liis on the advertisement for The Seeker.

Three of my photos appeared inside Cornwall Living Magazine. The photos were Dean Brody meeting fans at Lift-Off 2013, Zumba on Pommier Square, and athletes at a Sports Awards Dinner.

One of my photos appeared in an ad for Crush Lane Jewellery. The subject was former Canada's Next Top Model contestant Steff Groulx.

It was sad circumstances, but some of my photos of a fire appeared on the CTV Six O Clock and Eleven O Clock News television broadcast, as well as on the CTV website.

My photos also appeared on the front cover of The Seeker at least one dozen times in 2014, including this photo of Grace Willison at Arts in the Park.

A few honorable mentions:


This photo I took of the River Queens for the Cornwall River Kings hockey franchise appeared on Twitter and was liked / given a heart by NHL on NBC Sports.

One of my photos also appeared on a Cornwall Community Police van for a charity event hosted by local comedian Mark Vincent.